Top Ten Horsemanship Safety Rules
- Always Wear An Equestrian Helmet Around Ponies & Horses. Equestrian helmets are available for riders to borrow at THS.
- Wear Long Pants, Covered Shoulders & Boots Or Hard Shoes With A Heel. No Sandals Please! We do have riding boots available for riders to borrow at THS.
- Approach Your Pony or Horse At His Shoulder While Talking To Him In A Friendly Voice.
- Use The Voice Commands That Your Pony or Horse Understands In A Firm Calm Voice.
- Have A Quiet Body Around Ponies & Horses.
- Never Crouch Down Around Ponies or Horses. Bend Over!
- Keep Your Fingers Away From Your Pony or Horse's Mouth.
- Watch Where Your Pony or Horse's Feet Are. Remember, You Can See His Feet But He Can't See Yours!
- Don't Stand Directly In Front Of Or Behind Your Pony or Horse Where He Can't See You.
- Listen To Your Instructor And Do Exactly What She Says To The Best Of Your Ability.